Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:34:51 -0400
From:      Rohit Dube <rohit@cs.umd.edu>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>, rohit@cs.umd.edu
Subject:   Re: Bizzare Ping (and other) bugs.

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997 21:57:07 -0400 rohit@cs.umd.edu writes:
=>The problem is that some PCBs cache routes. I haven't checked this out
=>but, these cached routes should still cause a problem as they would
=>point to the old in_ifaddr. These would have to be caught separately,
=>unless one wants to sweep thru all the PCBs and fix them when the interface
=>address changes. (I would go for the second option as address change is a
=>rare event).

I must have been stoned when I sent this (well it was rather late in the
evening) - current connections _are_ supposed to break. Therefore the above
is not a bug. Only new connections (or end points) should source packets with
the new address.

Sorry!

--rohit.