Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 08:47:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        "David A. Richards" <dar@illumen.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, ekraj@illumen.net
Subject:   Re: Help! - FreeBSD file system corruption

Interesting. I installed 2.2.1-RELEASE over 2.2.1-GAMMA (circa Feb.) and
had a similar problem. I copied the new GENERIC, reedited and built a new
kernel. So far so good. The machine was a Dell box, XPS P133c, IDE, etc.

I only installed kernel source over a full source tree from GAMMA. Seemed
reasonable at the time, but stupid in hind sight. I deleted the old
source.

BTW -- this showed how bad IDE really is. Watching iostat with 'rm -r'
running showed it blocked most of the time.

-- Jay