Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 1996 11:23:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Clapper <bmc@NETAXS.COM>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmc@willscreek.com, bmc@NETAXS.COM
Subject:   linux `ls' port

Greetings,

Well, I've had the chance to put together my first port, and I must say,
you guys did a hell of a good job with both the ports infrastructure
(bsd.port.mk) and the docs.  I had no trouble at all getting things to work.

Anyway, about the port... I used Linux for awhile, and then switched to
FreeBSD.  I'm a total convert to FreeBSD; I like it tons better.  However, I
*do* prefer the Linux colorized `ls' to the one currently in the BSD ports
collection; I find it to be more versatile.  So, I ported it.  I created a
port called `linux-ls-3.12.0.2'.  The version number is based on the one from
Linux's `ls' (which is, in turn, adapted from the GNU fileutils `ls' program).

I'd like to submit this port.  For now, it's available at:

	ftp://ftp.netaxs.com/people/bmc/linux-ls-3.12.0.2.tar.gz
	http://www.netaxs.com/~bmc/linux-ls-3.12.0.2.tar.gz

The `netaxs.com' servers are sometimes slow; tomorrow or the next day, I'll
put the port on my employer's server, `ftp.telebase.com', where it'll be more
reliably available.  (I can't do it today; we're snowed in here in eastern Pa.)

Comments are welcome.
----
Brian Clapper, bmc@willscreek.com -or- bmc@telebase.com