Date:      Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:11:28 -0500
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        John Oxley <john@yoafrica.com>
Cc:        Warren <shinjii@virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: .wma music files

John Oxley wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 12:14:35AM +1000, Warren wrote:
>
>>im runnign FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE with XMMS mp3 player and out of curiosity, why
>>is it that windows media vid files can be played on FreeBSD, but the music
>>files cant?
>

> Install /usr/ports/audio/xmms-wma

I recently installed this and it does not seem to work for me.  I have
copied some files from a WinXP machine (using mount_smb)... when I try
to listen to them... I just get about a half second of noise.  Not
really static... and definitely not music.  Just a strange noise.
Different noise for each song I try and the same song always ganerates
the same noise.

Any ideas?

--
Regards,