Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 1995 18:13:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@louie.udel.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FVWM Question

On Wed, 15 Nov 1995, Jerry Alexandratos wrote:

> I'm using 2.1.0-951104-SNAP with the programs and ports from the
> packages-2.1 and ports-2.1 directory and XF86312.
>
> I tried to use fvwm-3.12 but it complained that it couldn't find a
> library file that it needed.  Specifically, it complained that it
> needed "ld.so: fvwm: Can't find shared lib "libXpm.so.4.6"."  I checked
> under /usr/X11R6/lib and sure enough, it wasn't there.
>
> Did I miss a package or port that had that particular lib in it?

You need xpm, which is in /usr/ports/graphics.

> Thanks in advance...
>
>         --Jerry
>
> 8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
> 8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
> 8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu, I run FreeBSD-current on n3lxx + Journey2

     Here's OJ's internet address in hex code:
           00 2F 2F 2F 2F 5C 7F 2D 0D 15 1B 19 24 24 24 18
           If you can't recall the translation, here it is:
           null character, slash, slash, slash, slash, backslash, rubout, dash,
           carriage return, negative acknowledgement, escape, end of media,
           dollar sign, dollar sign, dollar sign, cancel