Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:52:16 -0500
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Panasonic LM-7390 MO Drive

Anyone know anything about these beasts?   Usable like any other normal
removable or not?

Panasonic has nothing about them on their site, other than a miscellanous
firmware upgrade of unknown purpose.  It came with a WORM cart
(double-sided, 1.4G total, Panasonic LM-W1400A) which appears to be OK  --
drive accepts cart, apppears to mount it, but cart is unmountable as MSDOS
filesystem (it was last used on a PC).  Format attempts also fail, although
maybe I trashed the cart by trying to format a WORM cart..

It won't accept one of the zillion 5.25 1.2GB MO R/W carts I have (too thick
by 2mm), and I can't find a link to what R/W carts it *should* take.
DVD-RAM carts I have are the correct thickness, but too narrow.

According to a cow-orker, the drive has about 1 hour of actual usage on it
from some consultant-driven archiving system that was assembled and then
abandoned, but nobody seems to know anything about the drive or its media,
other than the drive was seldom if ever used.

--
swb@grasslake.net
Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.