Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:27:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Behlendorf <brian@collab.net>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   umass recommendations?

I'd like to get a large IDE drive (80G or more) that I can attach to my
laptop via USB, for backup purposes and the like.  Ideally it'd be a
USB-mountable external hard drive box so I could buy a regular IDE drive
to work with it.  I bought an Addonics external hard drive enclosure that
in theory could be connected by USB, and in fact it's recognized, but I
can't get far with it:

Feb  8 09:19:17 yez /kernel: umass0: Addonics Technologies Inc. USA USB storage cable type II, rev 1.00/1.0a, addr 2
Feb  8 09:19:17 yez /kernel: umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (STALLED)

Anyone have luck with any products like this?  Perhaps not this specific
one, but any large umass0 device?

	Brian