Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:14:46 +0100
From:      "ROGIER MULHUIJZEN" <MULHUIJZEN@PZH.NL>
To:        <beattie@aracnet.com>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: UDF approach comments?

>Waht I was thinking about doing, was first writting, (probably using
the
>nullfs code a a base) a userfs, that would allow me to run most of
the
>guts of the filesystem code in a user process. Then I would write the
UDF
>filesystem to run in a user process.

>What do you think, am I nuts?  Is there a better way, a better base
for
>the userfs?

I'm not an expert on these matters (yet =) but a userfs seems like a
good idea to me. I was looking through the isofs code yesterday (trying
to see if minor mods to it would allow me to mount an .iso file, until I
remembered vn devices) and the TODO was talking about implementing it
into userfs. Maybe whoever is working on isofs has made a start on a
userfs...

      DocWilco