Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:52:44 +0100
From:      Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de>
To:        embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Catching /etc/rc's output

Hello all,

it's seemingly such a basic question, but I can't find a way to
redirect /etc/rc's output to a file. Editing /etc/syslog.conf changed
nothing, /var/log/messages still stops where /etc/rc should begin. I
can see the output on the console, but that's far to fast for the
human eye. Short of hooking up a serial console to catch the log on a
second machine, is there a way to get this output logged into a file?

Thanks,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/