Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:02:36 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1043506957.d9e8ba@mired.org>
To:        Janine C.Buorditez <johann@broadpark.no>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Official configuration file backup/managing method/application?

In <20030119215739.23e91e82.johann@broadpark.no>, Janine C.Buorditez <johann@broadpark.no> typed:
> I was wondering if there is an official way of more conveniently manage
> configuration files in FreeBSD other than loose scripts.

It's not quite clear what you're talking about. The configuration
files in /etc are the official way to manage configuration. If you're
referring to them as the "loose scripts", then you're out of luck for
something official. For something unofficial, you might look at the
sysutils/webmin port.

If you're referring to having loose scripts to manage those files,
then again there's nothing official. Personally, I check the files
into perforce and use that to track changes and as a backup.

	<mike