Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 2010 23:30:31 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, Bruce Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
Subject:   Re: Anyone working on RNDIS support?

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 07:19:05PM +0300, Alexander Motin wrote:
> Bruce Simpson wrote:
> >Is anyone out there working on RNDIS driver support for FreeBSD?
> >
> >Just interested if anyone is doing it; the only RNDIS device I have is
> >my cable modem (which already has an Ethernet port), however, we are
> >seeing more Wi-Fi and DSL devices with USB RNDIS, and it would be great
> >to have this support.
>
> RNDIS is also used by Windows Mobile PDAs for USB connectivity. If
> somebody wants to work on this, I am ready do be an alpha-tester.
> Existing BT PAN interface I am using now is cool, but not very
> power-effective.

Is there anything new about this topic?
I just tried out contiki on AVR raven devkit.
I was surprised when I noticed that the documentation said nothing
special about running on Linux and my first thought was CDC ethernet.
Now I know they implemented RNDIS support.
The nice thing about it is that this USB device has open source.

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de