Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2002 16:59:13 -0500
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        absinthe@pobox.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:37:56 -0500
Dylan Carlson <absinthe@pobox.com> wrote:

> Just a note that this mouse seems to work fine under FreeBSD 4-stable,
XF86 > 4.1, mouse in PS2 mode (not sysmouse), and KDE 2.2.2 using
/dev/psm0.  But > you have to turn off any mouse acceleration or it will
be erratic -- > particularly with drag operations -- whereas this works
fine under RH7.1 and > Windows.

Interesting--~my~ Logitech optical works perfectly under BSD but not in
Linux--in Linux, I can't get the scroll wheel working, in BSD it works if
I say it's an Intellimouse.

Sometimes I HATE hardware.  :)

> This may be a factor of my KVM switch, but I thought I would post it to
the > list just in case.

KVM's with FreeBSD seem to be, judging from my experience and searching
deja, problematic.  Recompiling with the oxsomething00 flag works for some
people, didn't for me. However, I ~have~ found that as long as I have the
KVM focused on the BSD box from bootup through starting X, everything is
fine, including switching away from that box and back to it.  This holds
for a fairly good ASUS MB and lowend SIS MB and lowend Dlink KVM switch
with MS Optical and lowend but fast Sis MB with Belkin Omnipro and
Logictech optical

Scott Robbins