Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 23:05:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Man pages aren't formatting correctly -

Can anyone help with this one?

bash-2.02$ man csh
The  is  a  command  language interpreter incorporating a history
mechanism (see job control facilities (see interactive file  name
and  user  name  completion  (see and a C-like syntax. It is used
both as an interactive login shell and  a  shell  script  command
processor.   If  the  first argument (argument 0) to the shell is
then this is a login shell.  A login shell also can be  specified
by  invoking  the  shell with the flag as the only argument.  The
rest of the flag arguments are interpreted as follows: This  flag
forces  a  ``break''  from option processing, causing any further
<snipped - you get the point>

----

The system is 3.1 Stable, I just built world a few moments ago.

Anyhow it's obvious that man pages are not formatting correctly, my
questions is why?

I'm assuming that this has something to do with troff, groff, or nroff
- however I'm not familiar enough with their internals to make even a
slightly educated guess as to what might be causing this.

As always, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim