Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:03:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Sprickman <spork@inch.com>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>, "" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: LAST_ACK timeout

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Doug Barton wrote:

> I agree on the need for LB's to do things right, but they aren't just for
> helping MS software. :)

I understand, but I would bet there's been at least a quadrupling of
machines backing hotmail/msn since they moved to windows... :)

> I'm curious about whether keepalives help this situation. What does
> net.inet.tcp.always_keepalive say?

It's on now, and was previously:

net.inet.tcp.always_keepalive: 1

The tunables related to it are defaults:

net.inet.tcp.keepidle: 7200000
net.inet.tcp.keepintvl: 75000

Thanks,

Charles