Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2002 16:23:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      <burningclown@westhost43.westhost.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   libpng problems

I just spent what seemed like a hellaciously long time compiling KOffice
from the port, and KWord just won't start up ... I've seen this problem
with incompatible versions of libpng in my Debian Linux install but
seeing it -again- with FreeBSD is making me wonder ... what am I doing
wrong here? Shouldn't this be caught somehow automagically?

Anyhoo, here are the relevant lines of error (I think):

kword (formatting): KWDocument::updateAllFrames 0 framesets.
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.10
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.1
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

It looks like I need to install the png-1.2.1 port, but if this will
require an entire re-compile of koffice ... sheesh (stares at clock).