Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 10:11:34 +0700 (ALMST)
From:      Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
To:        A G F Keahan <ak@freenet.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Generic config file parser?

On Mon, 29 May 2000, A G F Keahan wrote:

> This may be a silly question, but is there such a thing?    Almost every
> program that I know uses configuration files, often in different,
> incompatible formats.   I personally prefer Samba/Wine-style config
> files which are split into "sections" like this:

	Yes, there is such thing. I've used this format for nwfs/smbfs
configuration files. You may look at old version of this parser in
src/lib/libncp/ncpl_rcfile.c or download smbfs sources
(ftp://ftp.butya.kz/pub/smbfs/smbfs.tar.gz) and look in the
lib/smb/rcfile.c for more generalized interface.

	I'm really want to make this thing generic and unite it with
others config file parsers (if memory serves me right, Daniel Sobral wrote
RW version for rc.conf style files).

	The only big problem is the name of the library file - last time
it was discussed there was no consensus on this topic.

--
Boris Popov
http://www.butya.kz/~bp/