Date:      Wed, 04 Mar 1998 18:01:32 -0800
From:      "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@Eng.Fabrik.COM>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Developer asks for list of desired supported cards

Nate,

Sinced you asked.... here is what'd I'd love to see supported.
(Yes, I know I've gone way outside your PCMCIA query).

	Cardbus Support (CL CD6832)
		3com Fast Etherlink XL Cardbus controller (3c575tx)
		Adaptec Ultra SCSI (APA-1480A)

	Multiple Controller Support

And while we're on the subject of wish list for mobile users...

	IR (especially fIR) support.  (I'd love to be able to PPP
	over IR between my server and laptop... both are IR capable).

	Docking Station warmboot (existance determined on resume,
		probe for and configure devices, etc.)

	PAO merged into -current, future bleeding edge develop done
	on a "mobile" branch.

As far as PCcards go,  I have the following cards:
	Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460A
	GW2k XJ1560 Telepath 33.6 X2 Modem (USR OEM)
	Megahertz XJ10BT
	ATT KeepInTouch 28.8 Data/Fax Modem

I've only played with the 1460A under FreeBSD.  I did have a
working 3com etherlink card, but it died.  So, I guess,
Mhz XJ10BT support would be number one on my 16-bit list.

Or any 16-bit 10/100 or 100-only ethernet card!  I may just
buy the 3com card Mike just meantioned to use until Cardbus
support.

	Kurt