Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:09:40 -0700
From:      <soralx@cydem.org.ua>
To:        jason@ec.rr.com, patpro@patpro.net
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New parts for new PC (need help - little knowledge of hardware)

> equipment and am very happy with there products.  Finnally if you can
> afford it scsi is diffenetly better than ide, but I'm sure most people
> will think that is over kill.  Though if you are shopping on ebay you
> can find some great deals, older used scsi is still leaps and bounds
> better than ide, though the sizes of the drives may be low by
> comparison.  I would suggest you do most of your shopping for new stuff

IMO main reason to go with SCSI is reliability of every SCSI product.
For example, I've seen lots and lots of dead IDE hard drives, but _never_
seen a real SCSI HDD die (I have an old 200Mb one that still works well).
Note that I'm talking here about real SCSI drives, but not just a regular
IDE HDD with SCSI interface; also, I have no experience with the newer
stuff (SCSI drives over ~40Gb)

17.11.2003; 20:02:13
[SorAlx]  http://cydem.org.ua/