Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 21:48:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Manfred Antar <mantar@netcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make -j # buildworld

On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Manfred Antar wrote:

> At 08:00 PM 9/20/98 -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> >I just decided to see if I could get around my trouble by limiting my
> >buildworld to just the elf part, so I did
> >make -j 12 NOAOUT=1 buildworld.  This worked perfectly well.  It's
> >immediately after this that my buildworld always breaks, when I don't
> >disable the aout part.
> >
> >I know it was posted at the start that the aout part might not be
> >maintained too terribly well (being that's it's ultimately to be tossed
> >away), my question is, is everyone else who's doing a successful SMP -j
> >buildworld doing it without aout's?
> >
> I did a couple of  -j8 -DNOUT make world yesterday without a problem
> This is with Intel PR440FX SMP pentium pro

Thanks.  I'm trying specifically to see if the -j # buildworlds
_require_ that -DNOAOUT or not.  Did you ever get one to build without
that, but _with_ -j 8?

> Manfred
> ||    mantar@netcom.com     ||
> ||    pozo@infinex.com      ||
> ||    Ph. (415) 681-6235    ||

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).