Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2000 05:35:17 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Borg SRM?

> > Are there systems recently manufactured, for which SRM is not
> > available?
>
> No.

I was under the impression that there were a lot of Alpha
systems without SRM capability to be had for very cheap,
now that they won't run NT, what with there not being an
Alpha NT to run.  Most of the ones on OnSale and eBay fall
into this category.

My feeling is that they have to be pretty populous and
pretty current, or there wouldn't be qestions about MILO
and ARC still being posted to the -alpha list... if they
weren't an issue, then the questions would have already
faded away.  Instead, it seems to me that the people
asking the questions are being beaten away with a stick.
Intimidating people into not asking is not the same as
them not asking on their own.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---