Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:03:10 +1300
From:      Richard B Mahoney <RBM49@student.canterbury.ac.nz>
To:        Ronnie Clark <Ronj_clark@fellowshipchurch.com>
Cc:        Subscribers to FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: burncd questions

Ronnie,

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 12:45:26PM -0400, Ronnie Clark  wrote:

> Everything seemed to work fine, but after it had bured, I tried to
> mount the newly burned CD-RW, and I get the following message:
> cd 9660: /dev/acd1c: Invalid argument
>
> Does anyone have any idea?
>
> Also, I cannot seem to try to burn to the RW again unless I erase
> it first. Any help is most appreciated.

You can see how to do things by looking at this script I use to
backup my home directory every night through cron :

#!/bin/sh
#
# ~/bin/local-backup-rbm49-cd
#
/usr/local/bin/mkisofs -allow-multidot -allow-lowercase \
         -relaxed-filenames -R \
         -o /usr/home/share/temp/rbm49/rbm49.iso /usr/home/rbm49 && \
/usr/sbin/burncd -f /dev/acd0c erase && \
/usr/sbin/burncd -f /dev/acd0c data \
         /usr/home/share/temp/rbm49/rbm49.iso fixate && exit 0
exit 2

Many regards,

 Richard Mahoney

--
| 78 Jeffreys Rd                                 +64-3-351-5831 |