Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:29:33 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Oleg L. Tortseff" <skiller@dmitrov.ru>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with repearing damaged filesystem!

		Hello, Greg!

> > run fsck on /dev/wd3c
>
> Oleg's error message indicates that the file label is so messed up
> that he can't even read it.  This is bad stuff.
	Not at all.  When I'm booting from fixit floppy I CAN  read label,
but it is empty!   Step-by-step:

Fixit#  disklabel -r /ev/rwd3
# /dev/rwd3:
type: unknown
disk: amnesiac
label:
flags:
...some sh#t about HDD...
8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c:  6185088        0    unused        0     0         # (Cyl.   0 - 6135)

In fact, label is really empty (I saw it in 1-st physical sector).  I don't
know who and how made it, but i need to repear that HDD.

In man pages I saw something about in-core label...  I wanna drag it from, and
drop it in 1-st physical sector, if it possible.

Were?  In which sector, kernel offset, or something else, I may find it?

		With best wishes.
		Oleg.