Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2017 23:09:28 +0200
From:      Serpent7776 <serpent7776@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -O2 flag

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 16:20:25 -0300
Friedrich Locke <friedrich.locke@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> i am trying compile a program with cc on freebsd 11.
> When i use -O2 compilation flag, the compiled code is giving error on
> execution, but with i omit -O2 everything works ok.
>
> Have anybody already faced such problem ?
Yes, a few times in the past. Your code may have hidden bug which is triggered
only with optimizations enabled. It might be relying on some kind of undefined
behaviour.
Unfortunately, I don't have any helpful advices on how to find this error -
try enabling all compiler warnings flags.
I'd suspect a bug in your code rather than a bug in compiler, but the latter is
not impossible.