Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 95 05:10:59 EST
From:      ctassell@isn.net (Charles Tassell)
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI vs EIDE

  I'm setting up an ISP for a guy who REALLY wants to use EIDE 4 drives
(transfer rate around 12 meg/s I think he said)  Now considering the fact that
all PCI boards come with build in EIDE controllers in them, why is everyone so
big on SCSI?

  I'd personally rather use SCSI myself, just because I have doubts as to
whether or not EIDE is really as stable as they say, but I may be outvoted in
this.  Can anyone out there come up with some convincing arguments why to go
SCSI?  BTW: The machine is going to be an all-in one server: news, mail, WWW,
DNS, terminal server (yey!  this wont crash often <S>)  And, we might run BSD
instead of FreeBSD.

Charles Tassell  -  ctassell@isn.net
http://www.isn.net/~ctassell/index.html
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the least....