Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:52:38 -0800
From:      Bill Huey (Hui) <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org, "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: PATCH - changing libc_r to use *context() (fwd)

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 11:00:03AM -0500, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> FYI, this patch should have everything you've been asking for.
>
> To answer some potential questions, a threads context is
> always in thread->ctx as a ucontext_t.  A thread's interrupted
> context is stored in the same location.
>
> Signal handlers caused by pthread_kill() now also get a
> siginfo and ucontext passed to them (assuming the handler
> was installed with SA_SIGINFO).

I was in the process of getting the jmp_buf method going, but
I'll guess I check the viability of this out instead. ;)

Currently, I'm reading how all the safepointing code works so that
I can directly use the Solaris fast path method for getting the
ucontext (evil stuff with EIP/program counter manipulation), but
the normal signal stack frame method should be at least half
working now. ..Remaining thread suspension problems... don't know.

bill