Date:      Tue, 26 May 1998 23:49:16 -0400
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Telephone voice answering machine under FreeBSD

Amanico,
	I saw your post in last night's FreeBSD-hacker's digest about doing
an answering machine project...

	I originally followed your FAQ, which lead me to vgetty, which I'm
now using for both of my voice modems. I'm also neck deep in a project
(locally) to provide a call-tree (aka - voice mail jail) for a Non-Profit
organization via the vgetty API, with an interface I'm writing myself...

	I'd be curious to see why you'd reinvent the wheel when vgetty actually
does a halfway decent job. Anyhow, let me know. I might be interested in
lending a hand/contributing some code. I'm not on the multimedia list, so
please drop me a line.
	-Brian