Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 1996 16:00:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Jamie Pole <jpole@connix.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GNU gcc & g++

On Tue, 16 Jan 1996, Jamie Pole wrote:

> Is it possible to upgrade the gcc/g++ included in 2.1 to the newest 2.7.X
> versions?  If so, how?  Are binaries available, or will I need to build
> them?  Will building the compilers cause problems because the old header
> files are present?  Thanks...

	I've build 2.7.2 without any hitches, and have run kernels built
using it, again, without any problems.

	I've yet to compile libg++-2.7.2, as there are a couple of problems
with it, the main one being something to do with .weak symbols, but I've
had a few suggestions on how to fix this, just haven't had time to implement :(

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc