Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:21:35 +0100
From:      Andreas Krebs <akrebs@chronolabs.de>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK1.5 and JBOSS 4.0.3 problem

Greg Lewis wrote:
> Sun releases the SCSL source around the time it does the initial FCS
> release.  So essentially the SCSL code is 1.5.0 and is missing all of
> the fixes in _01 -> _05 unless we've hit them ourselves independently.
Hi Greg,

I'm still looking for a solution to the bug and found that Sun changed
the licensing of the JDK beginning with update 3 and introduced the Java
Research License (JRL) to simplify the existing SCSL.
(https://tiger.dev.java.net/)
You're able to download the latest sources under this license including
all the bugfixes since the FCS release under the SCSL.
 From what I understand, I can download the sources and this should help
me solving my problem. The question is now, could I make a patch against
the original SCSL version to be included in the BSD patches? From the
license FAQ, this should be possible.
Or could the updated sources even be used directly for the native BSD
release?
I hope you can give me some information on this since I couldn't find
much on that issue.
While I'm sure it helps me fix my problem, it would be nice to solve
problems like that "at the root" and also help others.

Cheers,

Andreas Krebs
Chronolabs GmbH
akrebs@chronolabs.de