Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 07:38:07 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <st@i-plus.net>
To:        "Vadim Chekan" <vadim@gc.lviv.ua>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: imap, postfix, freebsd

> Patrick Bihan-Faou wrote:
> > However, I think that the CYRUS IMAP server is somewhat nicer
> than IMAP-UW.
> > Is anybody looking at updating the port ?
>
> I tryed to run it but there are a problem. New Cyrus uses PAM. But
> non-root user hasn't got permissions to athentificate user by pam_unix.
> I don't know is this a feature or bug. It's possible to use Curus's
> users database.

As far as I can tell, the newer cyrus will still use pwcheck, but only
through that SASL crap, which, when building with --with-pwcheck, it chokes
and pukes.  On my list of things to do this week, is to figure out what the
folks at CMU have been smoking and how it's affected their ability to create
clean code and reasonable documentation.

Save the rest for a better time/list,

-Troy