Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:31:19 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Changing groups

Are we talking to permanently change the default GID of new files, or are we
talking on a per file basis?
 - To permanently change the default group needed, you would have to edit
the password file and change that users group (vipw).
 - To change the group ownership of specific files, just use one of the
following.
	chgrp <group> <files>

-Chris