Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2014 14:39:25 -0800
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Olivier_Cochard=2DLabb=E9?= <olivier@cochard.me>
Cc:        "C. L. Martinez" <carlopmart@gmail.com>, "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Netmap in FreeBSD 10

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Olivier Cochard-Labb=E9
<olivier@cochard.me>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it> wrote:
>

>> I also suggest to update the netmap code to the one in head,
>> which has more features and bugfixes.
>>

> I've tried to copy the netmap code from head to 10.0: it's a little bit
> more complex than a simple copy :-)

you definitely need to bring in some small device driver
modifications from head (such as svn 260368 and 257529;
look for my commits after 250108 in the drivers),
and probably also update sys/conf/files;

but the errors below suggest that you are compiling
with some of the old headers.

FWIW the same applies to stable/9 as well.

The reason i have not MFC'ed it yet is that we have another
couple of additional features that require a small ABI
change, and we'd like to do it all at once in the stable
branches. Hopefully it should be only a few days now.

cheers
luigi