Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 1995 12:58:08 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how do *YOU* do backups?

they claim 33mb/sec nominal and 54mb/sec burst

  From: "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
  On Wed, 29 Nov 1995, Paul Traina wrote:

  > conner scsi-2, "4000" series (4gb compressed, 2gb native), $515 at frys,
  > it uses qic-3080 tapes, not DAT tapes, so the tapes are ~$30 each instead
  > of $15/each, but that was ok, since I usually only rotate through 4 tapes
  > at a time.

  	i would be interested in hearing what kind of thruput you get on
  this drive.

  > will do, she's an old friend of mine, so I can ask her if I can't find it.

  	;))

  Jonathan M. Bresler        FreeBSD Postmaster         jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
  play go. ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life
  i am moving to a new job.                 PLEASE USE: jmb@FreeBSD.ORG