Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:50:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, stanb@panix.com
Subject:   Re: How can I find the version? (date/time ?) of cvsup'd sources

>From: <stanb@panix.com>
>Subject: How can I find the version? (date/time ?) of cvsup'd sources
>Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:46:39 -0400 (EDT)

>Subject pretty much says it all. I cvsup'd sometime this weekend, and know
>I have problems.

>Knowing the exact version I cvsup'd seesm to matter to the solution.

Look for the $FreeBSD: line in each file you're interested in.

To reduce the perceived need to do that for the future, you could modify
the mechanism you're using to do the CVSup to log its activities.

Cheers,
david
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.