Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:20:19 -0600
From:      "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP problem on UP2000+

Doug> I have a UP2000+ system from Microway with two 833 MHz CPUs, and
Doug> it keeps freezing up on me when I run it with a SMP kernel.

John> Have you tried disabling debug.mpsafevfs?  Set it to 0 in the
John> loader.

Doug> Nope. Trying it now.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll let you know how
Doug> it turns out.

Doug> Well, it lasted about 4 hours before locking up on me.  :(

Doug> Trying it now with both mpsafevfs and mpsafevm set to 0.

OK, we've been up for 45 hours with these settings:

debug.mpsafevfs: 0
debug.mpsafenet: 1
debug.mpsafevm: 0

I'll let it cook a few more days with these settings, and then I'll
try it with mpsafevfs turned on and leave mpsafevm off.  I'll let you
know how it goes.

Again, thanks for the tip!  This system is much faster with both CPUs
running.  :)