Date:      4 Jun 1998 23:51:07 -0000
From:      Jason Nordwick <nordwick@scam.XCF.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        alexandr@louie.udel.edu
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gnome

Jerry Alexandratos, on Thu 6/4/1998, wrote the following:

> Is anyone working on a port of Gnome?  I was thinking about tackling it,
> but I wanted to make sure I wasn't stepping on anybody's toes.

Alot of the pieces have been done, kinda.  Mico was done, but then they
changes to orbit.  The gnome-libs and gnome-core packages dont really
have a stable realease that I know of.   They are still going through
alot of development and growing pains, it seems to me.  I did one
a while ago, only to be obsoleted within the week.  You would also
have to disable all the Linux specific stuff that builds (like anything
that uses procfs and kernfs).  God luck, though.

Jay
--
4.4 > 95
http://xcf.berkeley.edu/