Date:      Sun, 17 Nov 2019 17:50:57 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Valeri Galtsev <galtsev@kicp.uchicago.edu>
Subject:   Re: Who mainains https://www.freebsd.org/ website?

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 10:28:12 -0600, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> does someone know how to contact the maintainer of
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/
>
> website?
>
> I opened it today for some reason, and I have noticed that "new to
> FreeBSD" clickable image blocks at least one of the supported production
> releases in my browser (my browser is latest firefox on FreeBSD
> 12.0-RELEASE workstation). In other words what I see on the fron page is:
>
>   Supported Releases
>
>      Production: 12.1, 12.0,
>
> - 11.3 is totally covered, just visibly not there. I'm sure I have seen
> the same in the past, and I really feel that that sort of "fanciness" of
> design of the website obscuring vital information is something that
> needs to be addressed.

I can confirm with my older Opera version, the "1" of "11.3" is
visible, the rest is covered. Inspecting the source makes me
think the div positioning in the CSS is a bit off...

According to the contact page https://www.freebsd.org/mailto.html
you should probably contact the webmaster team:

	Anything web related, technical stuff belongs to the scope
	of the Webmaster Team, excluding bugs in the documentation.

Check https://www.freebsd.org/administration.html#t-webmaster and
see if this matches common understanding. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany