Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:46:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems mounting external zip drive

I installed FreeBSD 4.4-R on my new computer recently, and I can't mount
the zip drive (external 100MB).  I tried configuring my old computer
(laptop from 1998) _exactly_ the same as my new computer (identical
kernel's, etc.) and the zip drive works fine there.  The new computer
complains the device da0s4 is not configured, but all the necessary
elements are in the kernel.  I suppose it's something to do with the
hardware, but I have no idea where to look.  Any suggestions?

Please cc:, I'm not on -questions.

-David