Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:30:09 GMT
From:      Dan Naumov <dan.naumov@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/144551: ACPI issues on SuperMicro X7SPA-H

The following reply was made to PR amd64/144551; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dan Naumov <dan.naumov@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 17:21:14 +0200

 A slight clarification to this text: "Sometimes powerd will work
 correctly for a minute or so, correctly adjusting the CPU frequency
 according to load, but in a very short time, the CPU will get stuck at
 1666 Mhz permanently (until reboot)."

 What I ment was: enabling powerd in either hiadaptive or adaptive mode
 will eventually put the CPU to 1666 Mhz. However within a short
 timeframe, powerd stops downclocking the CPU when idle and the CPU
 stays at 1666 Mhz. If powerd is disabled after this, the CPU continues
 to stay at 1666 Mhz.

 The CPU isn't actually "stuck" at a specific clock per se (bad wording
 on my choice), but powerd kind of seems to be. If follow by starting
 powerd in min mode, it will change the frequence to the lowest
 possible succesfully. If I stop it and then restart again in
 hiadaptive or adaptive mode, the CPU again gets stuck at 1666 Mhz.

 - Dan