Date:      Sun, 6 Nov 2005 22:44:47 -0600
From:      linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
To:        "Mikhail T." <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, Volker Quetschke <quetschke@scytek.de>, openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Excessive dependancies for OpenOffice 2.0 port

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 09:59:00PM -0500, Mikhail T. wrote:
> Maho has a "conflict of interest" -- and I feel the FreeBSD port is
> under-represented.

This is exactly the type of statement that is almost guaranteed to
de-motivate someone from trying to work on FreeBSD.  It has become all
too common in the past month.  I wish that we could leave these types of
emotionally charged phrases out of the discussion and concentrate on the
technical issues involved instead.

If there is any easier way to do things, then let's test the patches that
make that happen.  I hope everyone can agree that anything we could do to
simplify the build and QA cycle for this huge package would be a good idea.

mcl