Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2000 11:09:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   sb16 doesnt probe from snd_driver

Hi, I was under the impression you could just drop the necessary hints for
a non pnp card in /boot/device.hints and kldload snd_driver and should
expect to see pcm and sbc be detected by the kernel and work.  Is this not
the case?  Using the same hints and compiling pcm and sbc into the kernel
works just fine, even with devfs.  It just doesn't attach anything with
the sound modules.  Is there any more info that I could provide that would
help clear up the problem?  Thanks.