Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:04:06 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        dikshie <dikshie@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM blade HS40

--xjyYRNSh/RebjC6o

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 11:07:42AM +0700, dikshie wrote:
> Dear All,
> anyone has experience installing FreeBSD-5.3 on to IBM Blade HS40 ?
> I have difficulty when installed FreeBSD-5.3 on to IBM Blade server HS40,
> the keyboard doesnt want to work when arrive on installation menu.
> from IBM blade HS40 documentation:
> "Although the keyboard that is attached to the BladeCenter is a PS/2 style
>  keyboard, communication with it is through the Universal Serial Bus (USB=
)"

=46rom the eratta:

(31 Oct 2004, updated on 5 Nov 2004) For FreeBSD/i386 and FreeBSD/amd64,
when installing FreeBSD 5.3 using an USB keyboard the keyboard will stop
working once the kernel boots, because a PS/2 keyboard is always
considered to be attached. As a workaround, select ``Escape to loader
prompt'' in the boot loader menu and enter the following lines at the
prompt:

set hint.atkbd.0.flags=3D"0x1"
boot

Note that if you use the boot floppies, this is set by default.

After the installation, add the following line to /boot/loader.conf:

hint.atkbd.0.flags=3D"0x1"

-- Brooks

--=20

--xjyYRNSh/RebjC6o