Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2008 16:09:42 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Piotr <piotrekk@excite.com>
Cc:        max@love2party.net, koitsu@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cannot install p5-Net-Pcap

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 09:19:13PM -0500, Piotr wrote:
>=20
> I've installed the newest libpcap-0.9.7_1, but I'm still getting errors:
>=20
> # pkg_info | grep libpcap
> libpcap-0.9.7_1     Ubiquitous network traffic capture library
>=20
[snip]
> In file included from Pcap.xs:43:
> stubs.inc:91: error: redefinition of `struct pcap_if'

And all this time, *this* is the actual error that is breaking the build.
Not the warnings; they are just that - only warnings.  But this is
a real problem.

Unfortunately, I cannot right now understand why this would break;
it seems to be somehow related to a HAVE_PCAP_FINDALLDEVS define.
For some reason, the Makefile.PL configuration stage did not detect
the pcap_findalldevs() function in your pcap library.  Can you post
the contents of the Makefile in the Net-Pcap-0.15/ work directory?

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@cnsys.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--