Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 16:31:41 -0400
From:      Alok Dhir <adhir@forumone.com>
To:        "'scsi@freebsd.org'" <scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: Ontream ADR50

I'm forwarding this to the scsi@ list since I just discovered it and it
seems more appropriate...

I do not subscribe to the scsi@ list, so please reply directly and I will
post a summary.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Alok K. Dhir
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2000 3:13 PM
To: stable@freebsd.org
Subject: Ontream ADR50

Hey all - I'm trying to get an Onstream ADR50 drive working with
FreeBSD-stable.  I bought the drive because Onstream's site claims that
this drive works under FreeBSD (basically, it should act like a 'normal'
SCSI tape drive unlike their older line of SCxx drives which don't).

Unfortunately, this one isn't working either.  I'm hoping the problem is
something I'm doing wrong.

Anytime I try to do any operation with the drive, I get an "Invalid
Argument" error from mt.  I.e.:

[root@dipper:~] mt rew
mt: /dev/nrsa0: Invalid argument

The only thing I can do is:

[root@dipper:~] mt -f /dev/rsa0.ctl status
Mode      Density              Blocksize      bpi      Compression
Current:  default              32768 bytes    0        disabled
---------available modes---------
0:        default              32768 bytes    0        0x3
1:        default              32768 bytes    0        0x3
2:        default              32768 bytes    0        0x3
3:        default              32768 bytes    0        0x3
Current Driver State: at rest.

Anything else with the drive, including dump, tar, etc, ends with an
error.  In dump's case, its something like 'could not open output'.

I'm guessing the problem has something to do with our sa driver.

Can anyone suggest a workaround other than returning the drive?

Thanks

Al