Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:42:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Guy Helmer <ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov>
Subject:   Re: Ensoniq 1371 support

On 25-Mar-99 Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Guy Helmer wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have (or is anyone working on) Ensoniq 1371 sound card
>> support?  I tried adding the 1371's PCI ID to the es1370.c driver, but
>> during probing the pcm0 continuously printed "timeout errors".
>
> This is probably a good indication it's not the same thing.  You've
> basically got three options:
>
> * find another sound card
> * procure documentation, write a driver
> * procure documentation, and a sample card, and find someone willing to
>   write the driver.
>
> If Ensoniq is anything like Yamaha, expect a long wait before they
> acknoweledge email.  If you've got the time, call the company.

Go to their web site (www.ensoniq.com) and choose tech support.  Then
search for 1371.  The link at the bottom "AC97   Compliant PCI bus"
will give you some tech data with a link to a databook on the chip,
unfortunately WordPerfect 8 hung trying to convert it, maybe you'll
have better luck.  The link above that is just called "1371" and has a
bunch of info from Creative in pdf format (I think they make it, I have
one here in a customer's motherboard - Tyan - that's got the Creative
logo on it).

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2