Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:38:42 +0200
From:      Dmitry Shupilov <root@ns.tb.by>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        roam@ringlet.net
Subject:   Re[2]: SSH or Telnet?

PP> Other than that, IPSec is a step towards a solution.
If you don't like IPSec you can try VLAN's. VLAN's are what I use in
my office to connect to critical hardware (routers, servers etc). But
this solution is accomplished though the Cisco switches. The new Cisco
switch support access lists per port (this is not Cisco advertisement:).

PP> Still, I personally
PP> would not trust telnet even in an IPSec environment, but then I *am*
PP> somewhat paranoid :)
Actually I use SSH2 in my network as well.

--
Best regards,
 Dmitry                            mailto:root@ns.tb.by