Date:      Mon, 09 Mar 1998 16:25:43 +0000
From:      Michael Doyle <relyod@indigo.ie>
To:        Don <No_mail@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fetchmailrc

At 08:06 09/03/1998 -0600, you wrote:
>Would any one care to share their .fetchmailrc file?
>I am using FBSD 2.2.2 and the fetchmail located on
>the CD.  My system runs user ppp and I wish to retrieve
>pop3 mail several times a day.

Here's my setup:

In /etc/crontab
---------------

# Fetchmail schedule -- added by Mike 26 Feb 98
0	8-18	*	*	1-5	root	/usr/local/bin/fetchmail

In ~root/.fetchmailrc
---------------------
# Configuration file for fetchmail
# Fetchmail should get mail from the pop account at connect
# and re-distribute it through the mailboxes on this computer
poll pop.connect.ie proto pop3:
    user MYUSERNAME pass MYPASSWORD to * here

================

I run the CRON script as opposed to running fetchmail -dehatever
so that fetchmail only checks during office hours (this reduces the
number of calls, yet makes e-mail fairly responsive)

Hope this helps

Michael Doyle                   phone: +353-1-661-0588
Network Administrator           http://www.co-operation-north.ie/
Co-Operation North

E-mail: relyod@co-operation-north.ie	(0ffice)
	relyod@indigo.ie		(Personal)