Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:09:23 +0100
From:      Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
To:        Piero <piero@poprostu.pl>
Cc:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>, gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: py-gtks coexisting?

Am 2003.03.05 18:41 schrieb(en) Piero:
> W li¶cie otrzymanym 05 Mar 2003 12:35:26 -0500 od Joe Marcus Clarke
> <marcus@marcuscom.com> :
>
> > On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 12:21, Piero wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > ===>  Building for py22-gtk-1.99.15
> > > py-gtk-0.6.10   A set of Python bindings for GTK
> > >
> > > py-gtk for GTK+ 1.x was detected.
> > > This packages cannot coexist with py-gtk.
> > > *** Error code 1
> > >
> > > Stop in /mnt/ports/x11-toolkits/py-gtk2.
> > > *** Error code 1
> > >
> > > Is it possible for both packages to coexist at all? under
> different
> > > prefixes for example?
> >
> > They can coexist under different prefixes, yes.  However, you'd have
> > to teach Python about that.
>
> Sounds terrifying ;-) I am not familiar with Python. And better is
> good's enemy. Me rather be patient. Thanks Joe.

Yes, it is really terrible.  I tried to patch the py-gtk2 port to have
coexisting py-gtks.  I failt because we would have to patch all the
ports which depend on py-gtk2.

This would be possible, if we would do some work for bsd.gnome.mk to
define a new variable for that, so something like USE_PYGTK2 would
patch the Port by itself.  But I don't know if the work really makes
sense.

Martin