Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:15:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: clearing SRM console password on AS600

Bernd Walter writes:
 > Is there a way to clear the console password?
 > It's left - but not known - by the previous owner.
 > I was tempted to clear the DS1225AD in a prommer, but the current owner
 > told me it is soldered :(

According to the docs for the AlphaServer 800 (which i think is the
same as an AlphaStation 600), you

1) make sure the halt button is off

2) enter the "login" command

3) When the "enter passord" prompt appears, press the halt button,
then press return.

4) press the halt button again.  The passwd is now cleard.

See http://www.compaq.com/alphaserver/download/as800ug.pdf
Page 127.

Drew