Date:      Sat, 5 Jul 1997 14:29:59 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        ernie@spooky.eis.net.au (Ernie Elu)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM 300GL Ethenet

Ernie Elu stands accused of saying:
> Has anyone managed to find a driver for the onboard ethernet in an IBM PC
> 300GL? The GENERIC 2.2.2 kernel does not detect it.

Without having one open in front of me, I can't even begin to guess as
to what the Ethernet hardware actually is.  If you could arrange such
an inspection, we might be able to tell you more.

It's possible that it's one of the Crystal parts; we had a driver
submitted a while back for the CS8920 as implemented on an IBM card,
but the submitter hasn't responded to any of the mail I've sent them
recently, so I don't know what its current status is.