Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:41:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dennis Jun <dennisjun@yahoo.com>
To:        Sarton O'Brien <roguetr@patho.gen.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp -nat port redirection

--- Sarton O'Brien <roguetr@patho.gen.nz> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have been trying to (unsuccessfully) redirect port 700 from my ppp
> gateway to my windows desktop.
>
> I've been using pppctl and manually typing:
>
> nat port tcp 192.168.0.2:700 700

I believe it's "redirect_port" not "port".

> which I'm assuming is wrong. If I could find an example I would be right
> but the help and manual aren't extremely explicit and I can't seem to
> work it out.
>
> Information on how to correctly specify this and how to test (other than
> using buddyphone which is what I'm trying to operate) would be GREATLY
> appreciated. I normally access this mail list from work so if any replys
> could CCed to this address that would also be great. Thanks.
>
> Sarton

Try the following:

In rc.conf add this line:
natd_flags="-f /etc/rc.natd"

Next, using your favourite editor, create a file called /etc/rc.natd

Next, enter the following 2 lines:

redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.2:700 700

Note that the 2nd line is a blank line. Hope this works.

=====
PGP public key:
http://i.am/dennisjun/
or ldap://certserver.pgp.com/